Telonics Product Programmer
Telonics Product Programmer (TPP) is a powerful software tool for configuring the data-collection parameters of Telonics transmitters. Until now, Telonics has programmed most transmitters in the factory. Telonics customers now have a way to customize their own transmitters quickly and interactively, even prior to delivery of the units. Telonics Product Programmer gives you the ability to modify specific aspects of your transmitter, including transmission intervals and sensor behavior. Some of the benefits include:
- Flexibility. Modify your configuration right up until deployment. Set up a pre-deployment test, transmission periods, sensor on and off times, and the type of sensor data to collect.
- Customization. Create a custom set of transmitter parameters specific to your application.
- Reliability. Predict satellite overpasses with the simulation features in Telonics Product Programmer to help ensure that you transmit only when a satellite is in range.
- Efficiency. Optimize your battery usage and data collection periods with automatic battery end-of-life estimates.
Download v3.68.1618, 2017.03.22 (TPP-Setup-3.68.1618.exe 15,537,312 bytes)
Telonics Product Programmer is designed for ease of use. A simple point-and-click graphical user interface (GUI) allows you to configure your transmitter quickly. TPP provides printable reports detailing the predicted results of the schedules and options you specified. It also generates warnings and error messages to help you correct potential problems.
After starting Telonics Product Programmer, you select a product model from a list of Telonics products. TPP displays a report containing all of the information pertaining to that product. You can easily modify the settings listed in the report to suit your needs. These settings include:
Once you have configured settings for your transmitter, you can save them to a file and create as many configurations as you desire. Programming your transmitter is as simple as connecting to it via a standard COM port and clicking a button. You can also retrieve the settings contained in your transmitter and view them in Telonics Product Programmer.
The simulation feature of the software graphically displays a chart of predicted satellite overpasses and allows you to set an appropriate transmission schedule. Telonics Product Programmer imports two-line element (TLE) files, which contain the satellite ephemeris data.
Another important feature of Telonics Product Programmer is the "timeline window," which provides a graphical representation of your customized transmitter and sensor schedules, expected battery life, and satellite overpasses. Use this feature to get an overview of the entire study duration.
The "histogram window" summarizes the daily satellite activity for a selectable number of days. This feature allows you to see which satellites are overhead at a certain time of day.
Telonics has recently released a major upgrade (version 2.91 -> version 3.00); however, you will not need to obtain a new authorization code. Existing TPP authorization codes (e.g. TPPGPSV2...) will continue to work with the latest TPP release.
When you purchase Telonics Product Programmer, you receive an authorization code that enables TPP support for specific Telonics product models. Listed below are the authorization codes currently available for sale. TPP will not program models that you are not authorized or licensed to use. If you require TPP support for additional Telonics product models, you must purchase an additional authorization code or upgrade to the authorization code that supports all models. However, you won't need to download or install additional software. Please contact Telonics for pricing.
|Authorization Code||Supported Models|
|TPP-GPS||All Gen4 GPS models:|
Store-On-Board, GPS-Argos, Spread Spectrum (SST), Globalstar, and Iridium
|TPP-ARGOS||Argos transmitters (without GPS):|
TAM-####, TAW-####, TAV-####, LPT-###, ST-21-200, etc.
|TPP-VHF||MK-11 & MK-12 beacons and Implantable Dataloggers (IDL-###)|
|TPP-CR||CR-5 programmable collar release|
Configuring Argos Services
If you plan on using Telonics Data Converter (TDC) to convert your data, you must use specific Argos processing options. Before your deployment begins, please contact Argos and request the following settings for your Argos Technical File:
- 32 8-bit sensors for Argos IDs less than 32768; 31 8-bit sensors for all other Argos IDs (including new IDs).
- Message length is variable, so length should not be checked.
- Decimal/A1 (recommended) or Hexadecimal/A2 formatting.
Telonics recommends that you use ArgosDirect (formerly known as Argos Automated Distribution Service or ADS) to receive your data. When you contact Argos, please request ArgosDirect service with the following settings:
- Select the "DS" data format, which includes all validated locations and all messages collected by all satellites.
- Select the "Attached text file (.txt)" output format.
- You may optionally choose to have your data "compressed".
- Do not request data encryption.
- Select email as your delivery option and specify an email address.
2017.03.22 What's new in version 3.68.1616?
- Installs new firmware in RDW models.
2017.03.14 What's new in version 3.67.1611?
- Downloads mortality events from VHF beacons (SECO1610 or newer firmware required).
- Displays battery-life estimates for CR-5 and CR-7 units.
2017.02.17 What's new in version 3.66.1606?
- Supports new Argos IDs.
- Installs new firmware in ST-21-200 models to support new Argos IDs.
- Provides simplified interface for programming Recon units.
- Adds TBT-4560-4 model.