Telonics Data Converter
Telonics Data Converter (TDC) converts raw data from Telonics transmitting subsystems into data reports formatted as comma-separated values (CSV). TDC generates report data using standard engineering units and associates it with the time of its acquisition. You can review TDC reports in any spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, and you can also use your own custom software to process reports electronically. In addition to generating standard CSV reports, TDC also creates files compatible with Google Earth so that you can map transmitter locations interactively. Telonics Data Converter even maintains a list of your transmitters and their data-conversion settings so you can generate new data reports efficiently throughout your study. TDC supports Telonics' current family of Argos transmitters and newest Gen4 GPS units.
Telonics Data Converter can convert raw data and create reports from the following sources:
- Argos files in Full DS format (.ds) or Argos Web Services files (.aws)
- Iridium files (.idf)
- Datalog files (.tdf)
- Spread-spectrum files (.tsf)
- Uplink Receiver log files
- An Uplink Receiver directly connected to the PC
In addition to converting raw data, TDC also performs the following tasks:
- Log messages from a connected uplink receiver
- Download the parameters (TPF) from a unit
- Download the datalog memory (TDF) from a unit
- Erase the datalog from a unit
- Download data over a spread-spectrum link
- Download data from Argos Web Services
- Download Iridium data from a dedicated email account
Telonics Data Converter works in concert with Telonics Product Programmer (TPP) to provide you with complete control over your transmitters and your data. TDC retrieves all required data-conversion settings for your transmitters from the TPP Parameter File(s) used to program them. Any programming changes you make using TPP become available to TDC directly through the parameter files.
There are two ways to download and install Telonics Data Converter. Most users should use the online installation, since it is faster and easier to install. To use the online installation, you must be connected to the Internet when you run the setup program. If you need to install TDC on a computer that does not have Internet access, you should download and burn the CD image. You can then use this CD to install TDC without an Internet connection. Remember, a Telonics license permits you to run TDC on only one computer at any given time. Concurrent use of the program on more than one computer is not permitted unless you purchase multiple licenses.
Download v2.45, 2016.06.27 (setup-TDCv2.45.exe 13,452,456 bytes) - Online Installation (Recommended)
Offline Installer for v2.45 (offline-setup-TDCv2.45.exe 59,032,744 bytes) - Offline Installation
Telonics Data Converter requires an authorization code for complete functionality. Without an authorization code, TDC operates in demonstration mode. Demonstration mode prevents you from generating reports, logging uplink messages, and communicating with your transmitters. You may install and evaluate TDC before purchasing a license and corresponding authorization code. TDC will assume complete functionality when you enter your authorization code in the Help->About window. If you would like to see reports that TDC generated, you may download the following sample reports:
Telonics has recently released a major upgrade (version 1.65 -> version 2.00); however, you will not need to obtain a new authorization code. Existing TDC authorization codes (e.g. TDCGPSV1...) will continue to work with the latest TDC release.
When you purchase Telonics Data Converter, you receive an authorization code that enables TDC support for specific Telonics product models. Listed below are the authorization codes currently available for sale. TDC will not convert data for models that you are not authorized or licensed to use. If you require TDC support for additional Telonics product models, you must purchase an additional authorization code or upgrade to the authorization code that supports all models. However, you won't need to download or install additional software. Please contact Telonics for pricing.
|Authorization Code||Supported Models|
|TDC-GPS||All Gen4 GPS models:|
Store-On-Board, GPS-Argos, Spread Spectrum (SST), Globalstar, and Iridium
|TDC-ARGOS||Argos transmitters (without GPS):|
TAM-####, TAW-####, TAV-####, LPT-###, ST-21-200, etc.
|TDC-VHF||MK-11 & MK-12 beacons and Implantable Dataloggers (IDL-###)|
Configuring Argos Services
Telonics Data Converter requires specific Argos processing options. Before your deployment begins, please contact Argos and request the following settings for your Argos Technical File:
- 32 8-bit sensors for Argos IDs less than 32768; 31 8-bit sensors for all other Argos IDs (including new IDs).
- Message length is variable, so length should not be checked.
- Decimal/A1 (recommended) or Hexadecimal/A2 formatting.
Telonics recommends that you use ArgosDirect (formerly known as Argos Automated Distribution Service or ADS) to receive your data. When you contact Argos, please request ArgosDirect service with the following settings:
- Select the "DS" data format, which includes all validated locations and all messages collected by all satellites.
- Select the "Attached text file (.txt)" output format.
- You may optionally choose to have your data "compressed".
- Do not request data encryption.
- Select email as your delivery option and specify an email address.
2016.06.27 What's new in version 2.45?
- Adds support for TGWR-4500-3, TGWR-4570-4, TGWR-4577-4, TGS-6T, and TGS-6MT models.
2016.05.09 What's new in version 2.44?
- Supports new firmware for "-4" Iridium models.
2016.04.29 What's new in version 2.43?
- Adds support for RDW-660, RDW-665, TGW-4170-4, TGW-4177-4, and TGW-4178-4 models.
- Supports lunge detection in RDW models.
- Includes a new digital signature to avoid Internet Explorer warnings when downloading and installing the application.
- Fixes a bug that had prevented the previous TDC version (v2.42) from downloading datalogs from Globalstar units.